SPECIAL NEEDS PLANNING
For those who have loved ones with special needs — either physical or mental — devising a plan customized to their financial needs while not jeopardizing their access to critical government benefits is complex.
The underlying Trust must adhere to the latest laws and enable the Trustee to distribute the assets according to those same laws. A plan tailored to the unique circumstances of special needs beneficiaries has many benefits. The right special needs attorneys can help you by:
- Alleviating your concerns about protecting your child’s eligibility for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and other government benefits including Medi-Cal and the rigorous qualification requirements of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Setting up a Special Needs Trust that protects your loved one’s funds
- Finding residential options and the means to finance them
- Maximizing the amount of public and private resources available to you
- Enabling you to address the planning needs of other members of your family
- Defining the rules by which the Trustee manages the assets for the special needs beneficiary
Your plan needs to be updated as laws change or as your child or loved one’s needs change. There is a lot to cover in creating your customized plan, but having our special needs attorneys with CunninghamLegal hep you plan will make things run smoother and provide you with peace of mind for years to come.
To learn more, schedule a consultation.